Running Boards: Frequently Asked Questions
Many American truck and SUV owners choose upgrading their vehicles with a set of running boards or nerf bars for custom looks and protection. There are several reasons for a truck owner to select a set of running boards for their vehicle. First, it is way easier to get into the truck, as well as get out of it, when you have extra support. Owners of lifted trucks will benefit of this upgrade as well. Next, running boards protect the vehicle from side impact in minor collisions or when you park. This way, you are getting a scratch on the running board, but not a dented door or rocker. Keep reading to find out more!
All about Running Boards
- the best running boards feature not less, than 3-5-year warranty;
- the best running boards are made in the U.S.;
- the best running boards have got mounting hardware included into the kit (you do not have to buy it separately);
- it’s better to avoid no-name brands that offer their running boards and do not specify where they are made.
- typical running boards can hold 300 lbs at a time;
- running boards with aluminum support under the stepping surface can hold up to 500 lbs at a time.
- It is easier to get into a truck when you have got extra step support;
- Running boards protect rocker area of the vehicle from road debris and minor side collisions.
Access our store as a guest!
Have a question? Feel free to ask it using the form below!