Sun shades: Fitment
There are 3 main types of sun shades, if we talk about the way they fit:
- Custom fit. They are tailored to fit the exact year, make and model and will fit perfectly with no extra gaps. These sun shades are usually more expensive, and the other types, yet they work better due to custom fit.
- Dimension-specific. Such sun shades are also known as semi-universal sun shades. They are usually developed to fit certain class of vehicles and usually fit well. Yet, there may be some gaps left, or such shade may be slightly big.
- Universal. These sun shades are also known ‘one-fits-all’. They are not developed for any specific vehicle and may be seen in Walmart, on Amazon or eBay at about $10 or so. If you are planning to order such a shade, get ready that it will not give that precise fit and protection.
What are the most popular sun shades?
There are several things that are crucial for the sun shade to be the best. It has to reflect unnecessary heat and UV rays and its installation has to be fast and easy. Here is the top-7 sun shades that really do their job.
|BURRANTON Trapezoid Car Windshield Sunshade||high strength ductile wire||Universal||CHECK PRICE|
|Covercraft UVS100 - Series||reflective fabric and soft felt||Vehicle-specific||CHECK PRICE|
metalized polyester film
|Cartman Windshield Sun/Snow Shade||nylon silver coated material||Universal||CHECK PRICE|
|Plasticolor 003692R01 Star Trek Bridge||Reversible, with solid silver colored backside||Universal||CHECK PRICE|
|Coverking Custom Windshield Sunshade||three-layered Mylar foam||Vehicle-specific||CHECK PRICE|
|Rick and Morty Windshield||Bubble synthetic material||Universal||CHECK PRICE|
How to install sun shades?
So, your sun shield is delivered, how do you install it? The installation method depends on the sun shade type you’ve got. Here are 5 easy steps you will need to take to install your sun shade.
- Step 1. Unfasten the velcro.
- Step 2. Unroll the sun shade.
- Step 3. Slide the lower edge of the shade onto the dash edge, where it meets the windshield.
- Step 4. Make sure the sun shield is as close the windshield as possible.
- Step 5. Allows small notch in top when the sun shade is in its place so that it fits around the rearview mirror.