Road accidents can cause severe injuries to all people involved. Therefore, before going out on the road by car or motorcycle checking all your safety equipment and clothes is a must. And of course, paying attention on the road is one of the most important points.
Even if one is not riding a bicycle, motor cycle or driving a car, one can still be drawn into accidents on the road by being a passenger or a pedestrian. Everyone is exposed to this risk but that does not mean it can’t be prevented.
Pedestrians should always respect and follow the signs such as no trespassing, be careful when crossing the street and always on a green light and without causing drivers to stop unexpectedly. When cars brake quickly and without any warming, other traffic participants behind them might not be able to stop in time and by the time they do, it could be too late. Pedestrians who act without thinking ahead are likely to cause chain reactions which lead to accidents and injuries of other people. Although it doesn’t seem that obvious at first glance, people walking on the sidewalk are as important as cyclists and drivers when contributing to the traffic flow.
What to do After a Car Accident
- Never drive away from the scene of an accident;
- Set up flares, or keeping your flashers on;
- If there are no serious injuries, call the police;
- If you are asked if you are injured and you are not sure, say you are not sure;
- You should take pictures of the vehicles;
- If you have visible injuries, you should photograph them as well;
- You should obtain the name, address and telephone number of all persons involved in the accident, drivers and passengers alike;
- You should also obtain information about insurance by asking to see the insurance card for all vehicles involved in the accident;
- Notify your insurance company as soon as possible;
- Unless you are absolutely certain you were not injured, you should seek medical attention at your local emergency room;
- Keep all your accident-related documents and information together;
- The most important thing you should do after an accident is to consult your attorney.
In case you have been injured in an accident which was not caused by you, make sure that when you are putting forward your personal injury claim to a solicitor that all details referring to the vehicle and drivers are recorded. This has a huge impact on the overall process, making it quicker and more efficient, and of course the success of your claim.
Cyclists who have been involved in accidents and caused injuries and financial loses (including time missed out on work, future career impacted etc.) can seek advice from the specialists.
Compensation after an accident or injury
- Wounds and injuries which have occurred as a result of the accident;
- The costs of repairing the bicycle or purchasing a new one;
- Replacing the equipment such as clothing items or other accessories;
- Recovery and psychotherapy required by the patient.
Car drivers are also entitled to claim for compensation when involved in road traffic accidents caused by third parties. Personal injury solicitors are the best address if you are planning to hand in a claim. They can give you more information and can calculate the amount of compensation you are entitled to.
Most Lawyers by State
|1||District of Columbia||276.7||East|